Dave Rowe Trio, Schooner Fare, Denny Breau, Steve Grover Trio, Makem Brothers with the Spain Brothers
Beneficiary: Maine Cancer Foundation
Place: Franco American Heritage Center, Lewiston, ME
May 12, 2007
emcee, Speaker/Storyteller: Robert Skoglund
The humble Farmer
Thank you, Dave, for asking me to be a part of your concert
Dry Stories that you aren't supposed to get until the next day:
You can hear the most recent humble Farmer radio shows on the Internet.
Hear humble's Radio Show
If some of the names by the pictures are missing or incorrect, please email or call me at 207-226-7442 so I can fix them. Thanks.
1. Denny Breau, Steve Grover
8. Ed Howe, Dave Rowe, Kevin O'Reilly
9. Dave Rowe Trio
10. Dave Rowe Trio
12. Friend of Music
13. Denny Breau
14. Steve Grover
15. David Wells
18. Tony Gaboury, Denny Breau
19. Tony Gaboury, Steve Grover
20. Chuck Romanoff "Robert- Many thanks for taking and sharing your terrific photos
(and captions) from the Tom Rowe Day.
It was a perfect show : nobody got hurt, not too long or too short, lots of variety, spanning at least two generations,
for an important cause. in memory of a very popular individual and hosted by one of Maine's icons
(my spellcheck prevented the show being hoisted). Thanks for participating. Chuck Romanoff "
21. Dear Humble, Thanks for putting my picture on line.
It is the one you took at the wonderful Tom Rowe Memorial Concert.
It has always been my secret heart's desire to have my picture on line for the all the world to see.
I am #21. Claire
23. Radio friend Al, I think.
26. Radio Friend
30. A fuzzy Dave Rowe
33. Steve & Chuck Romanoff -- Schooner Fare
35. Chuck Romanoff, Tony Gaboury, Steve Grover, David Wells
38. Denny Breau, Chuck Romanoff. Two old pros watching the kids perform.
39. Chuck Romanoff, Denny Breau
40. Chuck Romanoff, Denny Breau
41. Steve Romanoff, Denny Breau
42. Marsha, The Almost Perfect Woman, Joe & Mrs. Cupo. Marsha won't leave the house until Joe tells her
if it is going to rain or snow. humble looked so shabby on stage that Joe, one of the best dressed men in Maine, took
off his jacket and tossed it up to humble. Joe was good enough to join humble on stage and was roundly applauded when
he said the sun was going to shine on Sunday.
43. David Wells
45. David Wells, Steve Grover, Tony Gaboury
46. Steve Grover, Steve Romanoff
47. Steve Grover, Steve Romanoff
48. Denny Breau, Steve Romanoff, Dave Rowe
49. Ed Howe, Chuck Romanoff, Denny Breau
50. Ed Howe, Chuck Romanoff, Denny Breau, Dave Rowe
52. Robert Skoglund: The humble Farmer. -- My wife asked me why I always dressed so shabby. I said that clothes don't amount to nothing.
It's the body underneath that counts. And she said, "Don't make it any worse than it already is."
Thank you for looking at the pictures.
And thank you for being a great audience at the
Dave Rowe Trio Concert
May 12, 2007
"I went to a one room school."
"The teacher always taught the lesson the the slowest one in the room."
"When we were 15, every Friday night we'd go to a dance at the St. George Grange."
"It was right next to the school."
"When I was young and single --- between the ages of 34 and 48 --- my old fourth cousin Gramp Wiley lived on my south line."
Gramp Wiley June 18, 1903 ---- August 28, 1984
Return to top.
© 2007 Robert Karl Skoglund